SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of improving the visibility of a website in search engines. In general, the higher on the page and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine.
Why is SEO important?
Everyday, millions of internet users perform search queries on internet search engines in search of the products and services you are selling. As an internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what exactly do people search for. If you want your website to be displayed high in the search results list, SEO is just what you need. SEO is fundamental to making your website visible to the millions of users who use search engines everyday. Surveys have shown that search engines are becoming an integral part of every internet user’s daily online experience.
Ultimate Benefits of SEO
- Targeted Traffic SEO increases the number of visitors for your website for the targeted keywords. Converting those visitors into potential customers is the art of SEO. Essentially, more targeted traffic equals more sales.
- Increase Visibility Once your website has been optimized, its visibility in search engines will be greatly increased. More people will visit your website and it will give international recognition to your products or services.
- High ROI (Return on Investment) An effective SEO can bring a higher return on your investment than any other type of marketing for your company. This will then increase your volume of sales and profit.
- Long Term Positioning Once a website obtains position through SEO, it should stay there for long term as opposed to PPC (pay-per-click). SEO is cheaper and is a long term solution compared to any other search engine marketing strategy.
- Cost-effective One of the great benefits of SEO is that it is cost effective and requires minimal capital for the maximum exposure of your website.
- Flexibility It is possible to reach an audience of your own choice through SEO. You can get traffic according to the organizational strategies to meet the needs and requirements of your choice.
- Measurable Results It is a unique quality of SEO that you can quantify the results of SEO by positioning reports of search engines, visitor conversion and other factors of this nature.
Search Engine Marketing
SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is one of the most sought-after internet marketing services. It can help your website generate more clicks and leads through search engines directly. Essentially, SEM is about delivering traffic to your website through paid advertisements and targeted keywords on search engine results or other platforms. SEM solutions are commonly used to increase traffic, leads or eCommerce sales.
Why is SEM important?
Positioning is an absolutely critical component of marketing. If you are not positioned to be where your customer is when your customer is ready to buy, you lose. Your competitor who is in that place at that time wins.
For example, if you were a florist selling beautiful flowers that were reasonably priced, and have a website where customers can find out more about your services, that’s a promising start. But, you may soon notice that potential customers who search for flower delivery services are visiting your competitors instead because your website is not placed at the top of the search result list.
Benefits of SEM
- Instant results One of the best forms of direct marketing, SEM lets you see effective results in the quickest time by bringing your website directly to the front of search engine results.
- Highly targeted SEM is an internet marketing tool that is non-intrusive. It focuses on the exact customer base and places the business in front of these prospects at the time when they are actively searching for the product or service, instead of interrupting them with advertisements mid-task.
- Responsive Since the website can be targeted at a user when they are looking to buy, the response rates from this activity can be very high.
- Low entry costs It is possible to start a SEM campaign on a very low budget to test the market or to generate initial business for a low fee. Used carefully, small companies can also easily compete alongside market leaders in many business sectors.
- Measurable A SEM campaign can provide extensive data on the responses being achieved, allowing a high level of analysis to support and develop the campaign.
- High return on investment Any marketing campaign should generate a positive ROI (return on investment) and SEM has proven time and again to outperform most other forms of advertising, both online and offline.